Puravai Emergency Drinking Water comes with a 20 year guaranteed shelf life but is safe to drink beyond 50 years when stored properly. This case of Puravai Emergency Drinking Water comes with 6 one liter bottles (33.8 fluid ounces) of the longest lasting, most durable and convenient water available. The recommended storage temperature is between 33F and 150F.
Built to Last for Decades!
No other packaged emergency water compares to Puravai. Aluminum cans leak over time, steel cans rust, pouched water punctures, boxed water crushes, but the thick HDPE bottles are built to last for decades. Here are a few highlights:
- NO Seams: Induction coils are used to melt a plastic seal on top of the bottle so there are absolutely no seams, and no seams means water can't get out and bacteria can't get in until you open the bottle, even decades later.
- Triple Sealed: The bottles have 3 levels of protection, an induction seal, a click tight lid, and a shrink wrapping over the lid to make sure the water hasn't been tampered with. Puravai water adheres to government and military standards as much as possible.
- High Density Bottles: The bottles are super thick!! They're built for the unpredictability of emergency situations. You can drop, scrape, or bump them, and your water stays protected.
- Floats: Even filled to the brim, the bottles are made to float in any water. You never have to worry about floods or dropping your water off the side of a boat.
- No Rotting: Because high density HDPE is used to make the bottles, you don't have to worry about mildew and mold forming and ruining your water supply.
- Waterproof: Because the bottles don't rust, the water is protected against something as simple as broken pipes or even humidity in the air.
- Reusable: Puravai is made of the same material as U.S. military canteens and they added a lid that can be screwed on and off. So, you can drink portions of your water and close up the bottle throughout the day as well as refill your bottle again and again if needed.
- 100% Recyclable: Our HDPE #2 bottles can be recycled completely So, instead of overwhelming landfills, the bottles get re-purposed continuously.
PURAVAI is the purest prepackaged storage water in the emergency preparedness market. When it comes to emergency storage water, even one little bacterium in the water can multiply over time and become billions of bacteria. It's called CFUs (or Colony Forming Units of Bacteria). Tested independently by one of the top labs in the world, PURAVAI was tested which resulted in ZERO CFUs. That's a HUGE deal because that means your PURAVAI water remains safe to drink for decades!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How safe are the plastic bottles from chemical leaching?
The bottles are BPA free, and made from HDPE which is the most safe plastic for food and beverages in the world, known to keep plastic chemicals from infiltrating your water supply. It's the same plastic used to make the big blue 55 gallon drums and the same plastic the US Military uses in their canteens. Yet, just like any other emergency storage water (including 55-gallon drums and canteens), don't store your bottles directly on concrete or near dangerous chemicals or fumes to avoid leaching and deterioration.
Q: What is the shelf life of Puravai Emergency Drinking Water?
Q: Why use HDPE bottles rather than cans or pouches?
Q: What if the bottles freeze?
The beautiful thing about Puravai bottles is that they are able to expand and contract in the heat and cold and they go right back to where they were before. The bottles have successfully completed numerous stress tests, including freezing, and though most of the bottles remain completely sealed after thawing, there were a few that formed micro holes in the induction seem. So, we recommend not freezing the bottles, just in case.
Q: How does the water taste?
How does it taste? Puravai Water has a pure, clean taste. Yet, just like any water that sits on a shelf for several years, the dissolved oxygen in the water might separate out. If that does happen, just empty a little water out of the bottle and shake the remaining water in the bottle vigorously for a minute to reintroduce oxygen back into the water, and the water should then taste more fresh.
Q: Are the Puravai bottles 100% recyclable?
Yes!, 100% recyclable. In fact, HDPE is the most recycled plastic on the planet. And yes, please reuse and recycle!